Corrugated Innovation Center Specialist
Digitally printing on corrugated board is evolving rapidly. Customers acknowledge digital printing benefits in terms of lead times, short runs, versioning, and waste reduction. Xeikon has entered this market with its own IDERA digital single pass printing solution. The responsible business unit has been set up as “start-up” within Xeikon and is now looking to expand the team with a Corrugated Innovation Center Specialist that can help to drive our next phase.
Your responsibilities reside in our head office in Lier where we have a full digital single pass printing solution – including peripherals – installed. This Innovation Center supports our demos (virtual and in person), benchmarks, product research & development activities, and service support to customers. Reporting takes place to the BU Manager for Digital Corrugated.
Responsibilities can be split in five clusters with the technical part being the very core:
- You operate, maintain and service the full installation, consisting of a pre-feeder, printer, dryer, varnish unit and stacker, plus corresponding infrastructure.
- You thereby ensure that the full installation and corresponding infrastructure complies with the high expectations of our customers in terms of health & safety regulations, performance, and look & feel.
- Wherever possible, you go beyond you technical remit and take charge of the wider day-to-day activities of the Innovation Center. You ensure that demos, benchmarks, product development, customer support, and service & maintenance activities are properly planned, executed and documented. Supporting equipment and tools, ICT systems and the wider look & feel of the Innovation Center are properly maintained.
- Your colleagues will rely on you to create the best customer experience, from initial demo to service support!
- Wherever possible, you support the development activities – be it printing hardware, peripherals, software, consumables, printing substrate or service related – of our own R&D team and strategic partners.
- Your hands-on input – based on previous professional experience and interaction with customers and others – on what may and may not work is hereby of the essence.
Besides your obvious drive and motivation, you’ll increase your chances by ticking as many of these boxes as possible:
- Technical knowledge: You know how to run, service & maintain industrial machinery, ideally digital inkjet printing machinery and/or conventional printing machinery for corrugated. You have strong electrical and mechanical skills, and a clear view on personal and machine safety. You also have printing substrate know-how, ideally corrugated board / liner.
- Sector knowledge: You know the corrugated printer / converter industry, specifically the requirements on the shop floor and the role digital printing may play. You also have an understanding of the full production process from paper making to prepress to press to converting. In addition, you understand flexo, offset and gravure, and digital printing processes
- Operational skills: You can run our Innovation Center and ensure all is well planned, executed and documented. In addition, you have the ability to expand the Innovation Center in terms of scope of activities and personnel, if and when required
- Interpersonal skills: You are motivated by success, show leadership, are reliable and honest, professional, dynamic and energetic, organized, able to see the bigger picture & entrepreneurial. You drive towards a solution, also when it takes the extra mile
- Mobility: Ability to be in Lier, Belgium at least ~75% of the time. Occasional traveling to business partners and customers may be required
- Background: At least 5 years’ experience in a technical or service related role in the corrugated industry
- Languages: Dutch & English; fluency in another major European language (FR/DE/SP/IT/PL) is a plus
- IT: Prepress (Caldera, etc.), Profiling, CMS and Machine Software experience is a plus, MS OFFICE packages, Adobe Creative Cloud, Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign
- An internationally operating company, dedicated to innovative digital printing.
- An enthusiastic, ambitious environment in the Business Unit tasked with rapidly growing Digital Corrugated.
- A largely white canvas: many things can be defined by you.
- The more successful you are, the quicker you can start working on expanding the scope of the Innovation Center.
- A challenging job with high impact to customers, Xeikon, the wider Flint Group organization and strategic partners.
- We attach great importance to a good work-life-fun balance.
- Attractive remuneration package, supplemented with a package of fringe benefits.
- Intensive training on our solutions.
- Stimulating personal growth.
Interested? You can apply via www.xeikon.careersite.be